User Generated Content Guidelines & Policy
We have created several opportunities for users to share information and experiences on the site through health reports, blogs, social networking, video uploads and link suggestions.
Users are encouraged to share their information and experiences as the sharing of information is another way in which we all learn. Please be aware, however, that these avenues of communication will not be reviewed or edited for medical accuracy by our staff and that the information posted may be, at best, anecdotal and informational and should not be taken as medical advice. However, all link suggestions and video uploads are subject to HealthWorldNet staff review before being added to the site.
HealthWorldNet seeks to create a positive and helpful environment where people can come together and learn from each other. Anyone participating in any of our interaction areas should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Use appropriate language. Expletives, vulgar language, defamatory, derogatory, threatening or inappropriate statements will not be tolerated.
- In discussing doctors, hospitals, treatment, or patient care of any kind, remember that many people have different experiences and circumstances may vary from person to person. Be fair and thoughtful in your opinions and discussions. Please discuss issues in a factual manner and refrain from inflammatory statements and respect other people’s privacy.
- Do not post or link to content that would not otherwise conform to our standards such as pornography, objectionable material, or any illegal activities.
- Do not post or link to anything that would be construed as advertising or promoting other products, services or materials.
- Do not impersonate another or in any manner misrepresent yourself.
- Do not post the same message, image or comment more than one time as it will otherwise constitute “spamming”.
- Your submission of any content or information carries with it a grant to HWN of the right to a royalty free license to use all such content for any purpose.
- Any written, video, photograhic or audio submission must be original material specifically produced and owned by you. Nothing that would be an infringement of any intellectual property rights or a violation of any privacy rights should be submitted or will be accepted. Do not upload any image of any one other than yourself without the express consent of other parties shown.
- Any individual or group found to be in violation of HealthWorldNet posting policies, misrepresenting themselves or others, or otherwise offend or post information contrary to the health and well being of the users of HealthWorldNet will be removed immediately from the site and any further posting on the site will be prohibited.
HealthWorldNet reserves the right to copy, monitor, edit, record and review any material generated in or submitted to our public areas, and to remove any offending material and/or user(s). If, while using any of our public areas you find something inappropriate or offensive, contact us at [email protected] so that we can take immediate action.
You, as a user of this site, accept personal responsibility for the content of your submittals and communications. You must not submit any information that violates any of the policies of HealthWorldNet or that is obscene, threatening, defamatory, harassing, abusive, hateful or embarrassing to anyone, or that infringes or violates anyone personal privacy or intellectual property rights.